Go Back   Disease Treatment Forum > Disease Treatment Forums > Health Insurance Forum
Mark Forums Read

Health Insurance Forum Discussion about Health Insurance including Private Plans, Obamacare, Health Insurance Marketplace Exchange, COBRA, Claims, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and general coverage questions.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
evan_us56

Default Economical health insurance Plan!

Hi all,
I am looking for a health insurance plan and want to keep my costs down. One of my options is a "saver" plan with a premium that is 20% less than the regular coverage. I am also looking at a hospital-only plan which is even less. My agent is advising against the plans. I think it is just because he wants me to pay a higher premium so that he can earn a more as commission. Please advise!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
george211

Smile Re:

Hi,
Why would you want a plan that only gives half coverage? Anyway I think your agent is looking out to earn extra from you, in spite of your trust in him. The Saver plan you referred to does not cover the doctor’s visits, neither does it cover X-ray or Lab unless performed within 14 days of discharge from the hospital or following surgery. It does not cover brand name drugs either. The only out-patient coverage you have for major items is chemo & radiation therapy, which is more than most plans like this. If you wish to know more then I would refer to you a site called healthinsurance-com.com. It is health insurance news provider. You can get lots of views or opinions over several health insurance plans. Hope this will help you. Good luck!

Last edited by george211; 11-28-2007 at 03:29 AM..
Old 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
julies

Default health insurance

health insurance is generally used to describe a form of insurance that pays for medical expenses. It is sometimes used more broadly to include insurance covering disability or long-term nursing or custodial care needs. It may be provided through a government-sponsored social insurance program, or from private insurance companies. It may be purchased on a group basis (e.g., by a firm to cover its employees) or purchased by individual consumers. In each case, the covered groups or individuals pay premiums or taxes to help protect themselves from high or unexpected healthcare expenses. Similar benefits paying for medical expenses may also be provided through social welfare programs funded by the government.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Carolyn

Deciding on what health insurance plan is best for you can be difficult. This is a decision that should not only be made on the cost of monthly premium alone but should be made based on the cost of the monthly premium, your general health, age, health history, prescription medications, and income just to name a few things that factor into your decision.

If you have a preexisting condition that requires you to seek out medical care on a regular basis or if you take prescription medications on a regular basis you may actually save money by going with the higher monthly premium plan. Obviously this depends on what the plan covers so it is important to read the fine print about your benefits.

I wish you the best of luck in your health plan choice.
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
KimmyG

The health care reform bill will give you a tax credit if you are below a certain income level. This might help your situation. Individual health care plans can be extremely expensive so I understand your desire to keep your costs down. The plans begin January 1, 2014 but open enrollment starts October 1, 2013 so you can choose your plans and sign up.
KimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Lacto-Ovo-Nogo

With the new Obamacare plans you have the choice between Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum plans for health insurance. Some plans might be less expensive on monthly premiums but you might end up spending more when you need treatment.

I would make sure to choose a plan that is realistic with your health care needs. If you take 4 prescription drugs on a regular basis you might want to look at a higher end plan that pays more for your prescriptions.

If you need home health care I would make sure the plan you choose pays what you need for your home health care needs. If you get a cheaper plan you might end up spending more in the long run for things like home health care, surgery, and hospitalization expenses.
Lacto-Ovo-Nogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
healthcare.ouch

I am trying to sign up for health insurance through the health insurance marketplace but am having problems with the find your doctor feature.

I need a specific urologist and am not comfortable going to anyone else. Should I wait until they fix the doctor search feature or should I just sign up now and hope he takes the marketplace plan I choose?

I was watching the news last night and they said it would take months to fix the website because it is an old version or something. I cant wait months because I think I only have a little while for open enrollment through the marketplace. I am not sure when it ends but I think it is pretty soon.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
KimmyG

What type of plan are you thinking about signing up for? Is it a PPO, EPO or HMO?
KimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
popoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthcare.ouch View Post
I am trying to sign up for health insurance through the health insurance marketplace but am having problems with the find your doctor feature.

I need a specific urologist and am not comfortable going to anyone else. Should I wait until they fix the doctor search feature or should I just sign up now and hope he takes the marketplace plan I choose?

I was watching the news last night and they said it would take months to fix the website because it is an old version or something. I cant wait months because I think I only have a little while for open enrollment through the marketplace. I am not sure when it ends but I think it is pretty soon.
Open enrollment through the marketplace is October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. They are talking about maybe extending it longer because of the web problems.
popoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by popoman View Post
Open enrollment through the marketplace is October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. They are talking about maybe extending it longer because of the web problems.
I thought we had until December 15th. I am so confused.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:57 PM   #11
khtblhnf

Default Perfect fo

Our watches make wonderful holiday Women's Clothing gifts that will be enjoyed for years to come. If your loved one has been looking at a high quality couture time piece but you just don't want to spend as much on one, will have exactly what you are looking for. Perfect for formal or casual, day or evening; this watch will fit ever occasion. We pride ourselves on quality and craftsmanship, much like the Cartier company itself.
khtblhnf is offline   Reply With Quote